Re-visiting My Why
With the busyness of what's going on with releasing our first album, It's really easy to forget why I wanted to do this.
Which is funny, because the name of the album is literally Choose To Run. So how did I get so caught up in the process that I forgot why I chose to run?🤣
For those who aren't aware, I'd stopped making music for like a couple of years as a result of the discouragement I faced trying to build a fanbase & building something that I'd be confident in.
So I had an 'aptitude' for the music, but not the drive for it. So I just gave up and tried to put my all elsewhere.
But for some reason, I just couldn't bring that part of myself out. I had such an unintentional devotion to it that it messed me up a little bit to transfer that elsewhere.
And even when I did, it felt like I wasn't willing to pay the cost that came with anything else aside from music.
Everything became so MUCH harder when making music wasn't in the picture, and I didn't understand why.
Until the idea of AzụRho came along late last year. And though I was highly skeptical, I figured it's something I could do to fill the silence.
I went through a rollercoaster of emotions in relation to the feelings I repressed in the years as a result of actually taking music seriously and 'failing' in the years prior.
But now that I'm coming out of that space, I'm finally able to begin embracing the experience and conversations that come with making music.
My new why is making music now, is just to create for the sake of creation.
Yeah, that's it.
Comments
Post a Comment