BTB: Ralph Lauren Ties

A few months back, Chukwudum and I were discussing ideas for the album. And he came up with a cool idea: Naming each song after the imaginary things we wanted as kids.

He came up with A LOT of things, and I really couldn't come up with anything from my childhood that I wanted.

I thought about it for a few days, and I wondered why I couldn't come up with anything.

It wasn't until later I realized it's because I hated watching most of the cartoons that had imaginary things, PLUS most of the stuff I wanted as a kid I ended up getting.

The one thing I REALLY loved as kid though was ties. My Mom always told me stories about how I'd run to the ties/suit section at most stores.

Fun-fact about me: Most of my childhood pictures I'm usually wearing a suit and tie.

I think the one thing I wanted as a kid was more ties, so I decided to put "Ralph Lauren Tie" on the list.

When I made the beat, I really liked it because I used a technique to make the sample more dissonant/serious sounding.

The first person I played the beat for was Tamilore, I just wanted to get her feedback on it. She said it sounded "like someone was about to rap about their dead brother" and I think that's my favorite description of a beat I've ever heard.

Couple weeks later, I'm at a session at Daniel's house alongside Chuk & Will (here's a impromptu interview during the session). And I play the beat for all of them with the intent of seeing how they felt about it, Daniel STANDS up mid-listen and start riffing on the guitar.

I'm blown away, and now I'm like "yeah let's record this in the beat". We recorded it.

I asked Will to write a verse, after a couple of weeks he sends his verse to me.

The LAST person to record (believe it or not) was Chukwudum himself LMFAOOO. Then again, he had a lot going on that week. When I compiled everything, sounded good enough to me.


By the way, if you EVER consider getting me a gift...Get me a Ralph Lauren Tie, I got your back 4L. It'll BE WAR BEHIND YOU.


Credits for Ralph Lauren Ties:

Produced, Programmed & Performed by: Rhoro Williams (That's me)

Written & Performed by: Agajie Anozie (Chukwudum)

Written & Performed by: WILL WAS HERE

Guitar Composition & Performance by: Daniel "The Fella" Caceres 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Care 4 Urself.