Okay okay!
SALAMI EGGS AND BACON. We're back. It's Chukwudum of AzuRho (micro)fame and I just really wish to say thank you. So far, so good.
For the uninformed, AzuRho is a musical project born from the minds of two obsessive black youth. Rhoro and I. Last time I wrote on this blog, it was a breakdown of the audiovisual project Dare. Now, I kinda do want to break down Omnitrix, but I also want to express gratitude.
Since the beginning of the project, we've:
Gotten love (always important)
Done some open mics
Released a song!
Some, other things we've been working on. This has been the longest month and a half of my life, personally, so I'm gonna tackle these topics one by one.
Omnitrix: Omnitrix is, unfortunately, about the hypocrisy I used to see amongst older men in church. Well the chorus I wrote in a couple of minutes. It's about lying and my own questions about being a musician. I used to believe being rich was what would bring me peace, and even though I know it's not true, I don't really care (Why you rapping, know a new car don't make you rich/don't care patek with space stones, my omnitrix) and it may destroy me. Openness is something I really try to reach into with every verse and Omnitrix is kinda laced with disdain. Why is it called Omnitrix? It's another sort of desire I had as a kid. The Omnitrix allowed Ben 10 to turn into any alien he wanted for a specific period of time, but even bigger than that, it gave him purpose. I feel like prior to committing to this project I was like that version of Ben 10 that never found the Omnitrix. Floating. But the more I do music, the more I like it. I was in a session with a good friend Qimora today and she told me I move like a student of music, and yknow what? heck ya! I AM a student. It's something I've preached to myself this entire process leading up to finally becoming official with my art. Within creation I find my purpose of what my creator made me to do. Kind've.
The hardest part of Omnitrix was clear and apparent: fitting Ben 10 references inside of a rap song was... less than easy. Omnitrix also helped cause it was a double entendre within 10 aliens and 10 commandments and the original verse had that! It was meant to be longer, but this final version flowed a lot better and felt more natural. I was really trying to go for an Isaiah Rashad feel. I think I did it well. I'll talk more about the meanings of Omnitrix at one point, but this is all you're getting for now.
Where's the music?- It's coming. That's #allwesharing. Rhoro is a mastermind, I swear he's on a completely different plane of existence and I'm just tryna keep up. This process is really showing me the differences between someone like me who's knew and people who've BEEN here like Qi and Rho. They're crazy people. I'm loving it.
Gratitude: When I first started this process, I was deathly scared. I still am. But I've been met with a lot of love in a lot of places I wasn't expecting and I can't wait to see where all of this goes. I perfomed at a couple open mics (including acid jazz, where Insyt. was performing and Koto? was there and my hand was shaking and I kind've embarrassed myself but people liked it!) I'm starting to see pathways and the future is so welcoming I can't wait. Thank you, personally. We've been working hard (and hardly working or wtv) but it isn't possible without you're support. Omnitrix was just the beginning, we're going into crazy territory now. We're back and our foot is on the gas for the next couple of months. Stay tuned and thank you so so much.
That's all. Expect this blog to be updated more frequently from here on in. I hope you choose to run with us.
Blessings,
Chukwudumagaije Anozie
Comments
Post a Comment