BHM Tribute: Frankie
1 MONTH SINCE THE FIRST POST! (Time is passing way too fast y'all I'm scared)
Forgot how to make this blog UI dark mode friendly (my bad y'all LMFAO). But today we're doing a super important record to me. Unfortunately, it's not on any streaming platforms. Every week I'll be doing a lot of black artists/musicians.
I vividly remember one summer night, I was skimming through old 90s R&B records. At the time, I was super inspired by Sonder's and Tory Lanez' sample selection on Chixtape 4 (more specifically I wanted my beats to sound like "Proud Family", "Slow Down", and "Differences"). So I'd go through Omar Kaan's channel to find some HEAT. But then I see this interesting album pop up.
I was 'fresh' off a devastating situationship (I saw the girl EXACTLY where I first met her on a random Thursday after claiming I was healed). I was worried about becoming an adult, worried about things an 18-year old SHOULDN'T be worried about honestly, I'd 'given up' on the music (meaning I wasn't sending NO beats out) but I was still making beats so I wouldn't lose my mind before I needed it.
I remember listening to it the first time, being amazed by the production quality. AND BRO'S SINGING. But for whatever reason, he disappeared from the music scene. He'd only release one or two songs the few years after, but nothing after that.
I lowkey desire to have that level of mystery around me, but unfortunately my erratic behavior will never allow that to happen.
This is Black History because it captures the essence of the 90s R&B we all love to hear, with features from Diddy(unfortunately), Faith Evans, 112, and Mary J. Blige.
With that being said, Happy Black History Month. Enjoy the music:
Comments
Post a Comment